Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Renovations Teaser

“Let me cook you dinner, Bella,” Edward said, handing her a glass of wine.

“You can cook?” Bella asked.

“One of my many talents,” Edward smirked. “I lived with Garrett, and he could burn water.”

“How does he survive on his own?” Bella giggled, sipping her wine.

“Lots of takeout,” Edward deadpanned, grabbing some chicken from the fridge along with some veggies. “He’s a health nut, though. Most guys would go for Taco Bell or McDonald’s. He lives for healthier stuff. Plus, he runs marathons and works out almost daily, even with our jobs being as physically tasking as they are. My guess is he’s probably at the gym, pumping some iron, and then he’ll be back around ten with his bag.”

“We did act like bums today,” Bella said, arching a brow.

“We did, but I think we deserved it,” Edward replied, winking at her. “Even I’m sore. I can’t imagine what you’re feeling.”

“Blissfully sore,” she said, her eyes twinkling. “But, I’m not complaining. I haven’t felt this loved ever.”

Edward beamed, not responding to her “loved” statement. He pulled out a bowl, a cutting board, and a knife from different cabinets and began dicing the chicken breasts. “Are you happy with the house?”

“Edward, words cannot describe how much I love it,” she breathed. “It’s exactly what I pictured when I first saw it. You and Garrett are artists.”

“Thank you,” Edward blushed, tossing some vegetables into the bowl. “I’m glad we could do this for you. I know Garrett asked if we could photograph it for our site.”

“And you can,” Bella reiterated.

“You don’t mind? It won’t invade your privacy?” Edward asked. Bella shook her head adamantly. 
“Well, before I turn in my key, I’ll take some photos next week.”

“Who said I want you to turn in your key?” Bella asked, looking up at him through her long lashes.

No comments:

Post a Comment