Monday, October 19, 2015

Under Construction Teaser

“I’m dating two guys, but not at the same time,” Bella said. “Nothing is really exclusive. Aunt Bella is just having some fun. When Uncle James and I broke up … um … talk to your mother.” Bella smiled nervously at Alice before she dug out her cell phone.

I. Hate. You. Alice overheard your conversation with me and asked about E & G – Bella

Crap – Essie

I told her to talk to you. Fix. This. – Bella

Bella slid her phone back into her purse. “So, tell me more about this guy you’re dating. He seems much more interesting than my boring love life,” Bella said, deflecting. “Are you going to homecoming with him?”

“Oh my gosh!” Alice squealed. “His name is Jasper and …”

That’s all Bella needed to get the spotlight taken off her. Alice prattled on about Jasper, the love of her life, for the rest of the time they were at the nail spa. After their toes were dried, Bella drove Alice back to her house and gave her the grand tour. Alice hadn’t seen the finished product. She loved every inch of the house, but wanted to get into the hot tub. Bella blushed, remembering all of the hot times in the hot tub with both Edward and Garrett. Bella said she had to treat it, but she could use it on Saturday.

Essie came into the house with Garrett and Edward on her heels. “I dragged these guys back with me with the promise of dinner,” she snickered. Bella shot Essie a look.

“Esme is a miracle worker. She finally got Mrs. Cope to see reason,” Edward said, his face flushed and giving Bella his signature crooked smile.

“And she said that she was hanging out here,” Garrett smirked.

“I promised them pizza. Typical guys. Always thinking with their stomachs,” Essie said, hugging Bella. “They looked so pitiful. They knew I was coming over, but they missed you. I know you can’t …” Essie hissed in Bella’s ear.


“Shhh,” Bella chided. “Thank you. They can stay for dinner and then we get our girl’s weekend.”

No comments:

Post a Comment