Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Under Construction Teaser

“Don’t you have your own apartment?” Edward deadpanned as his friend took of his shoes and plopped down on the couch.

“I do, but you have food,” Garrett said, giving Edward a sly smirk.

“Why am I friends with you?” Edward grumbled. “You are such a leech.”

“You love me and you love my body,” Garrett chuckled. Edward chucked a kitchen towel at his friend. “We never finished our conversation about visiting Bella or promoting Daniel.”

“The Daniel decision is easy. He should get his own project. That place just around the corner from our apartments. It’ll be perfect for him. We can test him on his decision-making skills and how he handles clients. With as popular as our business is, we need more project managers. I have no issues in creating sketches and designs for these places, but physically trying to maintain them is too much. I also suggest Seth. He’s just as capable as Daniel.”

“Yeah. I’d hate to turn away clients,” Garrett nodded. “A lot of the calls we’re getting are based off the work we did in Bella’s redesigned home. So many people love it and want to mimic it.”

“Speaking of Bella …” Edward said, working in the kitchen to make dinner for them. “I think that we should talk to Bella before we schedule our flights. I don’t know what her schedule is going to be like. She could be in court all day. I don’t want to fly out there and hang out with you in her corporate apartment. I love you, Garrett, but I can only handle so much of you.”

“What? Working with me and sharing the same girl is too much?” Garrett laughed. Edward rolled his eyes, sautéing some chopped beef. Garrett turned on the television, his brow furrowed. “Ed? Have you noticed? Bella seems – I don’t know – off lately. Distracted.”

“The case is a heartbreaker,” Edward frowned. “Obviously, Bella hasn’t said much, but from what I gather, the kid was abused by his birth parents and they refuse to let his foster family adopt him.”

Edward's Apartment










Garrett's Apartment






No comments:

Post a Comment