Monday, January 4, 2016

Restoration Teaser

She just stared at Garrett, afraid to move. He walked toward her, seeing how much the end of their relationship that had affected her. Her hair was still limp and her eyes were red. She looked like a shadow of the woman he remembered. “Hey, Bella,” Garrett whispered. He wanted to enfold her in his arms and take all of her pain away.

“Garrett,” she choked out.

“Look, I know you’re busy, but I’d really like to talk to you,” Garrett murmured.

“I don’t know,” Bella said, walking to Marcus’s car. Garrett grabbed her hand gently. She turned to look at him and the sadness swirling in his eyes shattered her. She didn’t want to keep hurting them. 
“Why? Why do you want to talk to me? I’m poison.”

“You’re not, pretty girl,” Garrett said, cupping her cheek. She bit back a sob. “Please, can we talk? We can meet up? A bar? A restaurant? The Copes?” She laughed, looking up at him. “Please, Bella. I haven’t given up.”

“Why don’t we meet at Quinn’s Pub?” Bella suggested. “It’s close to my office.”

“Great,” Garrett smiled. “What time?”

“Seven?”

Garrett nodded, taking her hand and kissing her knuckles. “I’ll see you at seven.”

“Just you, right?” Bella verified. Garrett nodded again and turned on his heel, walking the same direction he came. Bella blinked a few times, tears tracking down her cold cheeks. Blowing out a breath, she got into Marcus’s car.

“Everything okay, Bellisima?” Marcus asked.

“I’m listening to my heart,” she whispered, looking over at her boss.

“Good girl,” Marcus beamed, pulling away from the curb. 

No comments:

Post a Comment