Saturday, January 30, 2016

Restoration Teaser

Edward carried Bella into the back bathroom. She was quiet, happy that they had forgiven her but still incredibly sad that she had behaved so rashly six weeks ago. Placing her on the countertop, Edward cupped her face. “Talk to me, love,” he whispered. “You seem upset.”

“I’m sorry,” she said, looking up at him. “I know you said you forgive me, but I can’t apologize enough for what I did …”

“Please don’t,” Edward said, his voice stern. “No more apologies, baby. From now on, we are only looking forward. Not backward. The beginning of our relationship is quite unique, but I wouldn’t want it any other way. I love you so much, Bella. Even when you broke up with both of us, my heart shattered, but I loved you. I still love you.”

“I didn’t want to walk away,” she said, her eyes brimming with tears. “I was just so scared. My fear made me walk away even though I loved you more than I have loved anyone in my entire life.” She hopped off the counter and unzipped her dress. She slid the dress off her body, revealing her naked form. Her arms were crossed over her breasts. “After I went out to lunch with Marcus and spoke with Garrett, I made an appointment with a tattoo artist. This was the first one I got done.” She held up her wrist. Moving her body, angling it to Edward, she lowered her arms to show a beautiful black tattoo under her left breast. It was the first few lines of E.E. Cumming’s poem, “I carry your heart”. Surrounding the wording were two sparrows and some floral accents. “I got this because it described how I felt about you and the birds, the sparrows, they are picky on who they mate with but they mate for life. Even if you told me to fuck off, I knew that I would always, irrevocably be yours. I’m your sparrow and I hoped that you would be mine.”

Bella's Tattoo, but written along her ribs, just below her breasts

No comments:

Post a Comment